|Appearance(s):|| 28 Days Later (film)|
28 Days Later (comic series)
|Filming location:||Trafalgar Park|
During the Original Outbreak of the Rage Virus, when the military blockades protecting the nearby city of Manchester were overrun, ten of the surviving soldiers led by Major Henry West retreated to the Worsley House, which they fortified against the Infected's attacks.
Major West and his men (believing that the Rage pandemic was global) subsequently set about rebuilding society, while forcing any female survivors they rescued into sexual slavery to repopulate the country.
Thirty-one days into the outbreak, after Jim, Hannah and Selena were found at the Forty-Second Blockade, they were taken back to the Worsley House, where Major West took them in. The following night, while the soldiers and the three new survivors were having dinner, the Infected launched an attack on the mansion, which the men fended off.
Afterwards, when Mitchell tried to force himself on Selena, Major West confessed to Jim his plans to use Hannah and Selena to repopulate Britain through sexual slavery, and Selena and Hannah were taken captive by the soldiers, while Jim and Farrell were chained in the Worsley House's cellar to be executed. However, Jim managed to escape the next morning.
The following night, Jim used the Forty-Second Blockade's siren to lure Davis and Major West away from the Worsley House, then returned to the mansion and released the infected Mailer on the remaining soldiers. Mailer infected Clifton, and Jim and the two infected soldiers killed all the other soldiers at the Worsley House one by one, until only the returning Major West was left.
After Jim, Selena and Hannah reunited, they attempted to flee the overrun Worsley House in Frank's taxi. Major West found them there and shot Jim for his soldiers' deaths, and the infected Mailer then dragged West back into the Worsley House and beat him to death as the three survivors escaped and fled.
Following the deaths of Major West and his soldiers, the Worsley House was apparently left abandoned.
Approximately twenty-seven weeks or less weeks after the deaths of West and his men, Captain Stiles took a captive Selena with him to the Worsley House, and forced Selena to take him to Major West's corpse and explain how West died. Selena then broke free, and managed to trick Captain Stiles into stepping on one of the landmines in the Worsley House's front lawn by taking West's dog tags and throwing them into the lawn.
- The Worsley House's name is only ever given in the 28 Days Later comic series.
- Worsley house is actually situated in trafalgar sqaure,far away from manchester.
- In an alternate ending for 28 Days Later, the Worsley House was replaced with the Primate Research Centre where the Rage Virus was developed.
- In an alternate scene, with all the uninfected soldiers at the Worsley House distracted with dealing with the infected Mailer and Clifton running rampant in the house, most of the mansion's defences were down, allowing hundreds of Infected to pour into the Worsley House and overrun the mansion.
- It is unlikely Major West and his men spotted the jet flying overhead as seen by Jim, but it is possible they simply disregarded it as it would force them to rethink their current terrible behavior.